Monday, February 19, 2018

“Stop letting your fear condemn you to mediocrity.” – Steve Maraboli

From “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst
19 February
When I pander to fear, I lose. Automatically. Every time. Let’s suppose I’ve got a toothache that throbs with incessant pain, and I refuse to go to the dentist because the needle is going to hurt. So that choice is going to make things better?! Or, suppose we as a society get all worked up about violence and listen to cheap-shot, get-tough-on-crime politicians and we build a ton of prisons. Then the need to feed this bloated behemoth of a prison system cuts into social programs, cuts subsidies, raises taxes. Or, society demands large gas guzzlers that will crush tiny paper-cup cars in any freeway altercation, but then gas climbs inexorably $5 per gallon and beyond, and everyone is into fuel efficient cars – that will collapse like a paper cup in an accident.
Like I say, when I pander to fear, I lose.



No comments:

Post a Comment