Tuesday, February 20, 2018

“Obstacles don’t block the path – they ARE the path.” - Anonymous


From “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst
20 February
No matter who you are, no matter where you've been, no matter where you’re going, no matter how you're going to get there, there are things in the way.  "Self pity" is such a pervasive and insidious disease that most of us, most of the time, see these things in the way as "obstacles". This in turn confirms our unconscious assumption that God must be a sadist.  But sometimes I get the self-pity thing under control; sometimes I forget to feel sorry for myself (like "forgetting" to worry when I fall asleep at night) - and then "obstacles" become "opportunities". They're disguised, maybe, but I think that’s by design – puzzling them out is supposed to add to the excitement and wonder of Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment