Monday, January 15, 2018

“Travel is fatal to prejudice.” – Mark Twain

From “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst
15 January
You and I must take care that we don’t enshrine small-mindedness, that we don’t carefully search out the next pebble on the road of life for to trip over. And don’t think you’re any more off this particular hook than I am.
Don’t believe me? Then consider a significant relationship that’s currently gone astray in some way – with your boss, your underlings, your spouse, your kid[s], your parent[s]. Without any trouble at all you [and I, God help me!] can recite chapter and verse to show how the other person is short-sighted, self-centered, deluded, incapable of seeing the situation correctly [i.e. the way you do] etc.
See any of those pebbles now?


No comments:

Post a Comment