Wednesday, October 4, 2017

“Only a life lived in the serving others is worth living.” – Albert Einstein

29 September
From “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst
At regular intervals I find myself, whatever the circuitous route, at Unload Time. I am called upon to flush out the lines, clear them of the cholesterol of self-pity and more or less willful self-delusion. God's boundless vitality cannot co-exist with deified stupidities, nor can it permeate through them to those I am meant to touch who clamor for that touch. I've given Him good chase for all these years, but maybe, just maybe, He'll win after all. He longs for me to flush, purge, clear out all those energy-sapping protrusions, become the properly bored pipe through which His music rings true to a world addicted to cacophony. He longs that I be centered upon Him, ever centered; sometimes speaking with His authority, more often perhaps silent in His tranquility; a Little Drummer Boy for a few moments playing my drum for Him, bringing to fruition the talent He gave in the first place, then standing head bowed, arms limp, spirit finally poured out, and empty to be filled by Him Who is all in all. Called upon, at the end, to know even as I am known...


No comments:

Post a Comment