Saturday, October 7, 2017

“Even when the body sleeps the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories.” - Anonymous

From “Lincoln 365,” by Arnold Kunst:
October 7
'I believe I have the popular reputation of being a storyteller, but I do not deserve the name in its original sense, for it is not the story itself, but its purpose, or effect, that interests me... The sharpness of a refusal or the edge of a rebuke may be blunted by an appropriate story, so as to save wounded feeling and yet serve the purpose. No, I am not simply a storyteller, but storytelling as an emollient saves me much friction and distress.'
- Abraham Lincoln

'In every major area of life you will win insofar as you know exactly where you’re going as well as how to get there. See to it that the lines are always clear.'
- Arnold Kunst



No comments:

Post a Comment