Thursday, September 14, 2017

“When you can’t put your prayer into words, God hears your heart.” - Anonymous

From “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual” by Arnold Kunst
The last lesson I must learn in life is how to dispose of self-recrimination. My guess is, the need will especially arise just before death because that’s the very time that the need for self-forgiveness will be greatest because I’ll have a whole lifetime’s worth of screw-ups on the scorecard. Put it this way: God longs with a yearning that transcends space and time that I accept His prodigal forgiveness. And that can’t happen unless and until I offer/accept my own forgiveness. 
Why? Because the only ones who complete the trip to heaven successfully are the ones who travel light. And that means jettisoning the garbage of self-recrimination that heaven obviously finds utterly intolerable.


No comments:

Post a Comment