Saturday, August 19, 2017

“The best revenge is to have enough self-worth not to seek it.” – Anonymous

From “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual” by Arnold Kunst
Forgiving is important. I think it’s more important than you and I imagine. Admittedly, I haven't much experience at up-close-and-personal forgiving, but hopefully I'll become an expert because, like, I think there’s no alternative. After all, if the Lord’s Prayer is anything to go by, God’s forgiving me is directly dependent on my forgiving others, so learning how to forgive is about as crucial a task as tasks get. It requires a laser-beam focus on what gives Life and a commensurate letting go of things that don't. I think I’m supposed to let them fall away, as though of their own weight; just stop clinging to them any more because they represent death and decay. Maybe it's like letting go of the control-freak thing at night and falling asleep. I think the sign I'm getting it down is the realization that I'm traveling far lighter - it means I am, as best I can, leaving the dead to be buried by the dead while I turn my face toward whatever gives life.


No comments:

Post a Comment